星期二, 7月 14, 2015

Coming Down The Road (John Fogerty)



Coming Down The Road (Live at Royal Albert Hall)

It happened just this morning,
you know I woke up feeling so good,
The sun came over the mountain,
just like I always knew it would.
Had another dream about music,
you know the kind that they used to play,
There was everyone that I love to hear,
marching to their own parade.

Chorus:
And they were coming down the road,
playing that rock and roll,
And dontcha feel good
cause they're coming down the road.

Saw that orpheum theatre,
I heard a thousand screaming guitars,
There was a greasy-haired boy with a wiggle,
they thought he was a man from mars,
Rollin' along with the fat man,
a piece of country-fried blueberry pie,
I said to myself "let me hear it on the hill,
just one time, one time before I die."

[Chorus]

Well a cool I my open friend
I when got me sound down on York
My hit me you round and sound down twin
where southern want she's go
Award the play what sing
We have skating hope and down the line
And this at I have not I will true
Not be public is right the time

[Chorus x3]

  搭車時想起一首歌,印象中是CCR時期,不過經過多年後官司得以解決之後,John Fogerty獨自帶同自己的樂隊演出「Comin' Down the Road: The Concert at Royal Albert Hall」。
  CCR時代成名之初,CCR已在到過Royal Albert Hall表演,那是二十世紀六十年代,四個長髮青年演唱了當時最流行的歌曲,youtube亦有當時的影片。至於這首Coming Down The Road則是二零零九年十一月三日演唱會的現場版本。
  原曲好像還有一段歌詞,不過上網找不到,看來歌詞這東西網上都係你抄我我抄你,有些字錯了也一樣出錯,因為最初出處錯後來也跟著錯,看來要問原作者才知道。
  初聽這首搖擺音樂幾開心,節拍強勁,適合音樂會舞會,旋律簡單,但現代已經很難找到了。

沒有留言: